Data Backup and Data Recovery for Businesses in Calgary
All businesses, including yours, should have a data backup and recovery plan. Regardless of the size of your company, data is one of the crucial components you rely on to run the business. If you don’t have a backup and recovery plan for your data systems, consider the following:
- All computer systems crash unexpectedly
- All humans make errors
- Natural and human-made disasters happen when you least expect them.
If any of these events happen, they can leave your business without data to continue with your daily operations. This is why you want to have a backup system to help you retrieve your data copies, restore them, and continue with business with the least amount of interruption.
Research shows that 94% of companies that suffer a catastrophic data loss don’t survive the damage. Another 43% of the affected companies never recover, while 51% of those that survive close down within two years after suffering data loss.
Experts at Pure IT don’t want your business to be counted among these statistics. This is why we are here to emphasize the importance of having a backup and data recovery system for your business in Calgary.
Why Should You Have a Data Backup?
One of the primary reasons for putting up a backup system is to have a secure archive for your crucial business data. In the event of data loss, you can seamlessly and quickly restore your devices to their initial status before the event leading to the data loss. By backing up your data, you create a bedrock for your digital disaster recovery plan.
At Pure IT, we recommend that you have a backup for anything you can’t replace if you lost it. Think of your:
- Configuration files
- Customer databases
- Operating systems
- Registry files
- Machine images
While your internal IT team may be doing an excellent job managing these resources, you need more than their day-to-day input for a genuinely reliable data backup and recovery plan. This is where the services of a managed IT service provider come in to provide the support your IT team needs for an ongoing backup strategy.
Why Choose Pure IT for Backup and Recovery?
Pure IT provides businesses in Calgary with managed IT services, working around the clock to ensure there are no vulnerabilities in the systems that could result in data loss. Our services include:
Reliable Backup Solutions
We understand that choosing a backup solution from the myriad of tools available on the market can be an uphill task. As such, we provide a sound backup solution that ensures:
- Automated incremental backups: we automatically back up your data in regular intervals throughout the day, depending on your unique business needs.
- Automated offsite backups to the cloud: we help you reduce the risk of human error while providing end-to-end encryption features.
- Monitoring and alerting for failures: we always ensure your backup systems are running smoothly and that they send automated status alerts for easy administration, monitoring, and warning of servers.
- A 3-2-1 approach to data backup: a good backup plan should have as many layers of backup as possible. The 3-2-1 is the golden standard where we create three copies of your data on two storage platforms and store one of them remotely.
- Quick recovery of files and folders: we will guide and show you how to recover and restore your files successfully to minimize downtime following a disaster
Regular Testing of Your Backup Systems
Testing your backup systems often is crucial, depending on your schedule and comfort level. We will help you test your systems to monitor and track any changes in the software and hardware. You may be surprised to realize that the backup system you have in place is not as effective as you thought it is. For example, your backup software could have some misconfigurations that provide backup only for your data and not for the applications.
If your IT team doesn’t receive any alerts for this error, they will assume that the backup system operates smoothly, which is not the case. Pairing regular backup testing with end-user backup data checks will help you identify errors that are not so obvious in the first instance.
Additionally, when we test your backup systems, we can quickly establish:
- The length of time it takes for your platforms to recover and restore data in the event of data loss. This factor is crucial as it influences your downtime period. Remember that your business can’t afford to be off the network for long because of the cost implications associated with downtime.
- Any possible errors that may arise during the recovery process
- The necessary steps we can take, working with your internal team, to resolve those problems.
Besides, testing your backup systems lets you get a clearer picture of the data available for recovery. You might realize that some users have backed up their data to the wrong platforms or the wrong way. Once you identify the existing data loopholes, you can quickly take action towards sealing them to ensure you recover a good amount of your data in case of a misfortune.
Simulated Data System Failure
Once a year, we will conduct a simulated data system failure to test the effectiveness of your backup system. Remember that your business is only as good as your last backup. Regular backups are the cornerstone for business continuity after an interruption in the data systems.
A simulated data system failure helps us identify the accuracy of data recovery, checking to see that the correct data is recovered to the appropriate systems. It’s also crucial to ensure that information isn’t getting lost or corrupted in the recovery process.
While at it, we will train your teams to respond to data system failure or data loss. We also want to ensure that they back up their own devices consistently and regularly.
Back Up Your Data Systems
As the business world evolves into what feels like a world filled with digital citizens, don’t be lax about backing up your systems. Data loss is bound to happen at one point or another, and it’s only crucial that you have a recovery strategy in place. Backups give you peace of mind, knowing that you’ve done all you can to protect critical information against the unknown.
The good thing is that you don’t have to do all this alone. Pure IT is here to partner with you as your trusted MSP. Call us today and let us discuss data backup and all of your business IT needs.